How Often Should You Rotate Your Tires?
If you’re trying to stay ahead on routine service for your new Aston Martin or pre-owned vehicle, you may be wondering, “How often should you rotate your tires?” The suggested tire rotation interval for most vehicles is 5,000 to 7,500 miles. However, these intervals shouldn’t be taken at face value, as they can vary depending on your vehicle, the conditions of the roads you take, and how you drive. Read on to learn more about when to rotate tires and how to do so according to your car’s drivetrain.
How to Rotate Tires on FWD & RWD Vehicles
If a car is front- or rear-wheel drive, it simply means the power generated by the engine is sent to the front or rear wheels. This also means that either the front or rear tires will wear more quickly than the others. If your FWD or RWD vehicle needs a tire rotation, be sure to keep the following tips in mind:
- Tire rotation is suggested for FWD and RWD vehicles every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. Check your owner’s manual or speak with one of the technicians at our service center for exact intervals.
- On FWD vehicles, the sides need to be flipped when the rear tires are moved forward. For example, the rear right tire should be moved to the front left. If the front tires are being moved to the back, however, they should remain on the same side.
- On FWD vehicles, the above process is inverted. The sides should be flipped when moving the front tires to the back, while the rear tires should be kept on the same side when moving them forward.
- Certain driving behaviors, such as off-roading, can cause faster tire tread wear. Our service team can help you decide exactly how many miles to rotate tires on your car for the best possible performance.
How to Rotate Tires on AWD Vehicles
Tire rotations for all-wheel-drive vehicles are recommended 3,000 to 5,000 miles. On AWD cars, some tires wear more quickly than others, because engine power is sent to the wheels that need it most. Again, check your owner’s manual for an exact interval for more information. If you can’t recall the last time you scheduled a tire rotation for your AWD car, schedule a service visit at Aston Martin Austin near San Antonio.
What Are the Benefits of Tire Rotation?
The most obvious benefit of a tire rotation is longer tire life, as well as:
- Stronger traction on slippery roads
- Less noise on the highways
- Less stress on the drivetrain system
Making tire rotations part of your regular maintenance plan will help ensure you’re prepared for adverse conditions on Dallas roads. Is it time for your tires to be replaced? We can help with that, too! The experts at our tire center will help you find the right tire set for your Aston Martin.
Schedule a Tire Rotation at Aston Martin Austin!
Now that you know the answer to the question, “How often should you rotate your tires,” the team at Aston Martin Austin can help you stay current with maintenance. Contact us with any questions about our services, or visit us near Dallas and Houston for in-person assistance. We’re also happy to provide professional advice on other service topics, such as how to jump-start a car and oil change frequency.